[LRUG] Ruby Cluetrain

James Adam james at lazyatom.com
Mon Oct 26 07:20:45 PDT 2009

On 26 Oct 2009, at 14:04, Tim Cowlishaw wrote:

> Hmm - Mod::Child.cry or possibly ::Mod::Child.cry rather than just
> Child.cry - or am I missing something more subtle? Child isn't set
> in the global namespace or within the Behaviour module, which seems
> to be the reason for the error.

With reference to the actual FreeAgent example, the reason why I can't
do "Mod::Child" is because I don't know the name of the module that
"Child" (or "Contact") is going to rest in; it could be
CompanyOne::Contact, or CompanyTwo::Contact, or BlahCorp::Contact. The
way that we know it's "Mod::Child" in that example is an artefact of
the simplification, unfortunately.

- James