[LRUG] RoR mentoring and more beginners stuff

Jordi Noguera Leon jordinoguera83 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 09:57:42 PDT 2009

Hi all!!

I'm pretty new to RoR and web development. I'm a mathematician and I worked
last year as an ABAP <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABAP> developer, after I
graduated. I'd like to get a job as a RoR developer, but I guess it's quite
unlikely no-one hires me in this sector unless I can show some previous work
(web related)...

So, in order to learn I'm developing a site, bur it would be really helpful
if I had someone that could give me some hints when I got stuck or revised
my code in order to see if I'm writing to much code in the views or that
sort of things... So, is there anyone that would like to mentor me??

Also, if there's any beginner that would like to team up with me in order to
share the difficulties encountered, it'd be great too.

That's it guys! Take care!
Jordi