[LRUG] New Relic talk offer for the June meeting

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 02:42:00 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I got an email from someone from New Relic offering us a talk from their
CEO, Lew Cirne, for the June meeting (Monday 14th June).  I wondered if
there'd be any interest from the group in this?  I'm not a fan of vendor
demos, and I find the sort of thing that New Relic does completely
booooring, so I suspect I'm not the best person to decide.  Also I'm not
LRUG, you are.

So, if you want to hear something about New Relic, then let me know and I'll
get back to them and say yes.  If you are interesteed in hearing about it,
let me know what particular aspects you're keen on.  I'll feed that back too
and maybe we can get a talk that's more tailored to our group than the
traditional vendor demo.  According to the email I got Lew is the guy who
originally wrote the New Relic service, so I'm sure he can go into meaty
details if that's what we want.

Anyway, let me know (on or off list) and I'll sort it out.

Cheers,

Muz