[LRUG] Teaching journalists to code

Julian Burgess aubergene at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 14:15:10 PDT 2010

On Tuesday, April 27th, 7pm at The Shooting Star, Spitalfields,
London, I'll be teaching some journalists the basics of coding. There
will hopefully be a couple more coders coming too, but if anyone else
feels like coming along that would be great. I have found it has
greatly improved my knowledge of Ruby, by teaching others as they
often ask questions which sound simple, but really make you think
about how the language works and then how to explain that to a
beginner. Also could be good opportunity to make contacts in the
media.

http://tweetmeme.com/story/903249139/ruby-in-the-pub-2-joanna-geary

Also, this site is a bit of a focus point

http://help.hackshackers.com/

Thanks

Julian