[LRUG] What's the word? Hay? Day? Lay? Way? ... Oh yes, MAY!

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 01:49:30 PDT 2010

Hi all,

Details for the may meeting are now up:
http://lrug.org/meetings/2010/04/28/may-2010-meeting/

Despite what I said at the start of the last meeting, it's on Wednesday 12th
May starting at 6:30pm.  Although this one really is our last Wednesday
meeting, from the June meeting onwards we're reverting to our 2nd Monday of
the month schedule.

The talks are:

* John Leach will give us a version of his "UNIX: Rediscovering the wheel"
talk.
* Dan Lucraft will give a talk about ruby profilers in general, with
specific focus on his jruby-prof gem.

Obviously, we'll then go to the pub; The Slaughtered Lamb being our drinking
hole of choice.

As usual, please do register with Skills Matter if you are planning to come.
 There's links on the lrug.org pages, but if you want to do it RIGHT NOW,
here's the link:
http://skillsmatter.com/event/ajax-ria/may-2010-lrug-meeting

It's more important than usual because SM are hosting a .Net conference on
the same day and we may not be in the larger downstairs space because of
that.  Obviously if we have loads of registrations well in advance of the
meeting, it's perhaps more likely we'll get the big space (but I can't
promise anything).  So, register early to avoid disappointment if we end up
being upstairs in a smaller room.

Ch-ch-ch-ch-cheeeerz

Muz