[LRUG] Flex/Rails and downloading data to a file

Jordi Noguera Leon jordinoguera83 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 07:56:33 PDT 2010

hey!

@Neil, I don't quite see what you're trying to say... The thing is so far
there aren't any files, I have the contents of the file that should be
downloaded, but from here to downloading an actual file I have no clue how
to do it...

@Ken, I've used send_data in other parts of the app where Flex wasn't used
and calling it caused a dialog to appear in order to save a file (something
like send_data(@my_data, :filename => :whatever)). So, what I was expecting
was send_data to start a file download.

Jordi