[LRUG] Ruby and URLs

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 04:49:26 PDT 2010

On 13 April 2010 12:38, Kenneth Lee <kenfodder at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Is there a Gem or library that will allow me to do this easily and in a
> reusable way. If so I will go into banana dance mode!
>
> Ideally I want to simply gem install something, then in simply do
> linkify(sometext) possible with a block to customize the replacement for
> html classes etc... and some config or options to say whether the http(s)
> part must exist, must have this set of subdomains, must not be a top-level,
> all these fancy options to correctly match it.

Would redcloth / blueclopth do it?  I don't know off the top of my head if
textile/markdown require syntax to mark up links or not.  But it could be
worth a go.  Probably wouldn't take the block to customise, but they might
be a good starting point?

Also, perhaps a twitter tweet parser?
http://github.com/madebymany/tweetparser

Muz