[LRUG] PHP / Ruby developer needed for Firebox.com

Paul Wright wrighty at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 04:20:58 PDT 2010

Hi list,

At work we've been recruiting for a new developer for a few weeks, in
that time we've found two suitable candidates and made offers only to
find out they'd already accepted roles elsewhere.  So now we're
starting over again and I wondered if you or anyone you know is
looking for a job?

Details of job are on the site[1] but broadly we're looking for an all
rounder who can already (or learn quickly to) code mostly OO PHP with
occasional Ruby, happy using a Linux command line, isn't afraid of git
and can configure / install / maintain LAMP web stacks.

The tech team is small (2 developers, an office sysadmin and the CTO)
but we get a lot done and react quickly to new business requirements.
We've built pretty much all the software that runs Firebox (front end
site, back end and warehouse systems) so the role is challenging and
varied.  Last year we launched a site redesign and have also been
adding fun stuff like the Gift-o-matic[2].

Job is based in Streatham Hill, SW2 and salary is in the £25k - £35k range.

Please see job ad for more details.

Cheers,

Paul.
[1] http://www.firebox.com/admin/jobs#tech