[LRUG] Who wants my "special" gratitude in September?

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 03:35:57 PDT 2010

Hey all,

The September meeting is approaching, it'll be on Monday 13th in the usual
place.  I've been working on my github scraper/volunteerizer (
http://github.com/h-lame/amazing-automatic-volunteer-a-tron if you want to
look / help out) but alas, I'm not sure how useful it is.  The output is a
giant list of repos for me to trawl through which seems quite daunting and
also puts too much curatorial emphasis on my role, as I'd probably just pick
things to chase up that I thought were interesting, which is not something
I'm keen on, it's our group, not mine.  So, while I rethink the scraper, I'm
back to begging for talks.

Has anyone got anything for September?   You don't need to talk for very
long, or be particularly "expert" in your topic; you could use this as an
opportunity to explain a problem you're having and get some wisdom from the
crowd in solving it.  It needn't even be a traditional "get up and preach
for a bit" style thing, I'm all for running alternative style meetings.

Ideas?

Muz