[LRUG] Moving to London, looking for work

Trevor Turk trevorturk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 14:01:23 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm moving from Chicago to London for 6 months starting on September
27th. I've spent a good amount of time in London and Cambridge and
I've been itching to get back to the UK for a while. After harassing
my girlfriend about it, she applied for and got approval to work out
of her law firm's London office. Exciting!

So, I'm applying for a work visa, but also wondering if there might be
companies willing to sponsor my visa application, or perhaps to work
with me as though I were a consultant living in the US. I've got a
fair amount Ruby web development experience, and I'd love to find an
interesting project to work on while in London.

I've searched around a bit, and it seems like there's lots of
interesting stuff going on. I'm writing this list to begin with in the
hopes that someone might have some ideas and/or advice for me. I've
had great luck in the past with the Chicago Ruby user group, so I
thought this might be a good place to start.

You can see a bit more about me here:

http://trevorturk.com/
http://trevorturk.com/resume/

I'm looking forward to meeting up with you all when I get into the
city. I'm sad to be missing the September meeting, but maybe we can
arrange to get a beer before the next one ;)

Thanks!
- Trevor