[LRUG] starting rails

Priit Tamboom priit at mx.ee
Tue Aug 17 14:46:34 PDT 2010

On 17 August 2010 21:53, Jon Wood <jon at blankpad.net> wrote:
> At this point I would start with Rails 3. Agile Web Development with Rails
> is usually considered the definitive book on the subject, and the latest
> edition covers Rails 3.

I also suggest Rails 3 on ruby 1.9.2cr if you have a bit more time to
invest. However, Rails 2 on ruby 1.8.7 is also good start (it's more
covered with documents/guides and has stable gem/plugins). Rails 2
might look a bit 'oldish' in Rails world but you probably won't escape
from it when looking for payed project unless you get lucky and start
with a greenfield project.

Cheers,
Priit