[LRUG] To be or Not To be... Thats the question -- Rails 3 on production

Priit Tamboom priit at mx.ee
Thu Aug 26 03:29:33 PDT 2010

Morning!

> I've started my first Rails3 app in January, and also migrated a second one
> and just earlier this month I've started a new Rails3 app.
> Back in January~March many plugins weren't ready yet but I've still managed
> and it's only getting better :)

Quite same experience here. By the way, at this point I would go with
rails 3 and ruby 1.9.2 with a greenfield project, because it gives the
longest code base lifetime until all the stack once will hit the
museum status. However the story is quite different with current
production apps, there seems no big reason to start converting them at
this point unless educational joy imho.

Cheers,
Priit