[LRUG] mysqldump not working

Kenneth Lee kenfodder at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 02:55:45 PST 2010

Definitely not normal, I use it everyday to restore 100MB+ dump files
for staging environments and metrics environments.

Do you have any error messages at all?

If not I recommend testing mysqldump of a local dev database filled with
some dummy data and check there isn't anything wrong with your local
build/setup of MySql. You just need eliminate the obvious first, it's a
troubleshooting game I'm afraid as I haven't had this problem before.

Ken