[LRUG] mysqldump not working

Alex Young alex at blackkettle.org
Wed Feb 3 04:48:49 PST 2010

Riccardo Tacconi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that this is not a MySql user group, but it should be the most
> used DBMS with Rails and Ruby. I asked a question in Stackoverflow.com:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2191200/mysqldump-not-restoring-data-in-mysql-5-0-19

It's difficult to analyse something like this without seeing the precise
setup. Have you tried isolating the problem to the minimum schema that
will show the fault? If you could post a short mysqldump output that
shows the problem, you might get more responses. If you can't set up a
new database to demonstrate it, chop out anything irrelevant from your
current dump and substitute any confidential data.

I have seen similar problems in the past. From memory they were to do
with privileges being tied to the host IP address, but I seem to recall
that gave a specific error rather than failing silently.

--
Alex