[LRUG] mysqldump not working

Riccardo Tacconi rtacconi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 02:42:52 PST 2010

Hi,

I know that this is not a MySql user group, but it should be the most used
DBMS with Rails and Ruby. I asked a question in Stackoverflow.com:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2191200/mysqldump-not-restoring-data-in-mysql-5-0-19

The problem is that mysqldump is not restoring the database. I tried to get
a dump of schema and data but any table was restored. I removed a trigger
and two foreign keys, than, it worked. So in the end I have to rebuild a
database, not in one shot but in several steps, manually. I have not
experienced something similar with Oracle and I think that's not normal.

What do you think? Do you have similar problems?

Regards,

--
Riccardo Tacconi
Web developer at Wolseley UK