[LRUG] More showing off

Joel Chippindale joel.chippindale at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 01:29:02 PST 2010

On 11 February 2010 16:36, Scott Chacon <schacon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 7:27 AM, Roland Swingler
> <roland.swingler at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Was curious as to why it required Sinatra rather than just static html
> > - surely all the magic is in javascript and css on the front end?
> >
> > Roland
>
> The real reason is that eventually, I want this software to be
> dynamic.  Right now it sort of is in that you can change the markdown
> sources and then just hit 'r' on the presentation to dynamically
> reload the slides

Yes I should have mentioned before, this is invaluable when putting
your presentation together.

> the next stage will
> be allowing the audience participate in the presentation interactively
> (assuming you're on the same LAN as the audience)

I look forward to seeing an example of this in action.

> Turns out Keynote is not extensible and a few
> days of work gave me software that can do everything I use Keynote
> for, plus be a Sinatra app so I can do whatever I want with it :)

For those of you who missed my talk, I think this is the key reason
for using showoff over something more polished like Keynote.

> I hope you find it useful
> software.

Absolutely, it will be my weapon of choice for the next presentation I
give. Thanks.

J.