[LRUG] Tonight's meeting

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 03:36:44 PST 2010

Hi all,

We're a speaker down for this evening as Julian Burgess is unable to
make it into London due to the snow.  We'll reschedule his talk for
some time later in the year.  Anyone feel up to filling his shoes?
Obviously at this point anything goes and we'll be hugely grateful to
anyone who steps up, no matter how underprepared they feel.

As to our hunt for a new pub for post-drinks our findings from last
week were inconclusive really.  It was too snowy and cold to tell if
the number of other folk in the pubs was truly represntative of the
pubs we visited.  Also one of them was shut by the time we got there
(only 10ish!).  The Slaughtered Lamb was the biggest we went to, but
also the busiest (and anecdotal evidence claims it's usually rammed).
The Sutton Arms was the one that we liked the most, but it is a bit
poky.  We'll play it by ear tonight.

Do remember we are in Skills Matter's new offices, which are slightly
further east than their old ofifce (closest tube: Barbican) so you
might need to plan your travel accordingly.
http://skillsmatter.com/location-details/design-architecture/484/96

Muz