[LRUG] [OT] Recommended payment processors for ActiveMerchant

Steve Graham sjtgraham at mac.com
Fri Jan 22 09:31:39 PST 2010

I may be on my own here, but personally I would like to hear everyone's experiences with business issues. Technical issues such as horribly designed APIs and Java client dependencies are important, but as developers it's easy to put too much focus here and neglect the business side.

How a gateway deals with disputes, chargebacks and related issues is extremely important, more so in the long run. Also how responsive they are to communication, e.g. in my experience, Braintree are INSANELY responsive. I have had pretty immediate responses from them 7 days a week, round the clock.

Can anyone share their experiences vis-à-vis business issues with specific gateway providers?

Steve