[LRUG] Multiple databases, migration, integration...

Andrew Stewart boss at airbladesoftware.com
Fri Jan 8 04:08:13 PST 2010

On 8 Jan 2010, at 12:01, Riccardo Tacconi wrote:
> I thought I had to configure it in each class model! But how do you
> use migrations in your environment without messing up with the
> Mambo's tables?

Simply by checking by hand that the tables I touch in my migrations
are only Rails tables.

I make the models which encapsulate legacy tables read-only using this
plugin:

http://github.com/jaz303/read_only_model

But that doesn't make the tables read-only in migrations.  I think you
have to do that yourself by being careful.

Regards,

Andy
-------
http://airbladesoftware.com