[LRUG] Tool to show included partials in RoR?

Jocke Selin jocke at selincite.com
Thu Jan 21 06:43:15 PST 2010

On 21 Jan 2010, at 14:37, Thomas R. Koll wrote:

> Am 21.01.2010 um 15:25 schrieb Jocke Selin:
>
>> I'm wondering if there's some nice tool that I could point at a file in the app/views/ dir on my machine and it could render, ascii'ally of graphically, which files are "render partial" from there on. I'd like a tree with the file names, that's pretty much all I'd really need.
>

> try rcov, if tests are what you are after.
>
> and in dev cycle, watch the development.log which prints out every
> partial that's been used.

Not at all what I'm after. Sorry. I want to point a script/program at one file in my views directory. Then I want a print-out of all files that are called from that file - not under runtime - and recursively to look for the files that are being called from that file. Until I have a tree of the inclusions.

# print_partial.rb app/views/stuff/_thingy.html.erb

for example.

:)

Cheers,

/JS