[LRUG] February 20x20 evening - plea for speakers

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 12:34:41 PST 2010

Hi all,

As mentioned at the meeting last night, we'll be doing our February
meeting as a lightning talks event.  To make it more interesting we
run the talks using the 20x20 format, which means each speaker has 20
slides that autotransition after 20 seconds each, giving them just
under 7 minutes to speak.  It's usually a really fun evening as with
so little time you have to do away with luxuries like explanations or
thoughtful examinations of the issues at hand.  We'll need about 8
speakers to have a full evening, so if you are interested, please get
in touch either on-list or directly to me.

I also mentioned that it's been a while since I did a talk anywhere,
so I've nominated myself as one of the speakers for February.
However, I'm looking for some inspiration for what to talk about.  I
have a month and I figure that's plenty of time to do enough research
to cobble together 7 minutes.  So I put myself at your mercy; what do
you want to hear about.  (You might need to be a bit specific with
your suggestions as in the pub someone suggested I cover Rails 3, but
I think there's a bit much in there to cover in only 7 minutes, maybe
there's some particular aspect of Rails 3 you'd like covered?)

The meeting will be on Wednesday, 10th February and we'll be at the
Skills Matter offices on Goswell Road.  You can't register yet, but I
expect that it should be available soon.

Cheers

Murray