[LRUG] Tool to show included partials in RoR?

Pablo Brasero Moreno pablobm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 07:12:24 PST 2010

2010/1/21 Jocke Selin <jocke at selincite.com>:
> I'm wondering if there's some nice tool that I could point
> at a file in the app/views/ dir on my machine and it could
> render, ascii'ally of graphically, which files are "render
> partial" from there on. I'd like a tree with the file names,
> that's pretty much all I'd really need.

I'm sure I have seen this before. It was exactly what you want.

As I recall it, it worked as a Rails plugin that added something like
rendered. Then a JS bookmarklet on our browser allowed you to see how
every bit of the page had been rendered by pointing with the mouse,
showing a list like this:

/path/to/layout
/path/to/template
/path/to/partial1
/path/to/partial2

But I cannot find it, or remember anything else about it. Maybe it was
a dream? :-(

--
Pablo Brasero
mailto:pablobm at gmail.com