[LRUG] Carbon Calculation

Jason Green jason.green at nogeek.org
Tue Jun 15 10:19:02 PDT 2010

Yeah Dynamic50 worked with AMEE on the Big Green Challenge V2.

We built the Carbon Calculated platform with application development in mind. We started building this as we didn't want to have to store the information in individual apps.
On the platform we have calculators which package datasets (object templates) into specific types of calculators for ease of development. For example there is a transport calculator for all types of transport, so if you are making a general journey calculation tool, you don't need to worry about defining exact vehicle types, the calculator does it for you.

The main difference is that while we do not have as much data in the platform (this is a work in progress), our platform is free to use, kind of like the difference between wikipedia when it started out and encarta :-)