[LRUG] EMI is hiring...

Ayres, Alex Alex.Ayres at emimusic.com
Mon Jun 28 08:53:48 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I hope this isn't too out of line with board rules....

EMI Music is hiring...

EMI Music is embarking on a large programme of work creating innovative
and exciting web based products using Ruby, Merb and Amazon Web
Services.

We are currently looking for 2 Ruby engineers on a contract basis, with
the possibility of moving to a permanent role in the future. You'll be
based in Hammersmith, West London, but working as part of a larger
global engineering team.

At present, we have a number of engineers in San Francisco and New York,
but our long term strategy is to increase our engineering expertise here
in the UK. This is the first step. Long term we'll be looking for both
senior and junior engineers to join our team.

Specifically, we are looking for engineers with the following skills and
experience:

*         Ruby

*         Merb (preferred, but willing to consider those with Rails who
would be happy to adapt)

*         AJAX

*         Ideally have GA experience

*         Ideally have some AWS experience

*         Experience / knowledge of Amazon EMR / Hadoop (not essential)

*         Experience of releasing and maintaining products into the wild

*         Are comfortable working as part of an engineering team and
participating in pair programming

*         Understand what TDD means, and have ideally made jasmine work

*         Have an opinion on jquery vs prototype

Please note: we are looking for independent contractors i.e. no web or
recruitment agencies.

If this sounds interesting, please feel free to contact me directly via
alex.ayres at emimusic dot com

Music from EMI

This e-mail including any attachments is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received it in error please advise the sender immediately by return email and then delete it from your system. The unauthorised use, distribution, copying or alteration of this email is strictly forbidden. If you need assistance please contact us on +44 20 7795 7000.

This email is from a unit or subsidiary of EMI Group Limited.

Registered Office: 27 Wrights Lane, London W8 5SW

Registered in England No 229231.