[LRUG] Job - Looking for a Permanent RoR developer in London Shoreditch...

Kenneth Lee kenfodder at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 09:11:08 PDT 2010

The startup I'm working at, Diary.com is looking for a second developer...

We're looking to hire an experienced web developer in the next month to
accelerate our startup. Currently the tech team is just one developer
and one designer, so you'll be developer number 2.

Qualified candidates will...

  * Have at least 5 years of serious web development experience
(predominately we're are Ruby on Rails, reasonable experience will be
favourable but not a must).
  * Be a generalist developer and problem solver.
  * Have used version control, we use git and subversion.
  * Have a love for experimenting with new tools and frameworks.
  * Know how to and prefer to use a Unix based environment either Mac
OSX or Linux.
  * Be organised.
  * Have some testing experience, maybe some TDD and agile approaches.
  * Interested in working on projects deployed on mobile phones, e.g.
iPhone / Android / HTML5

The job on offer...

  * Getting to the point... salary is between £30k - £35k.
  * Be able to start with about 1 months notice or less.
  * Permanent so all the typical mandatory holidays.
  * Stock options.
  * Training budget for conferences and tech events.
  * The office is in Shoreditch, London, so you'll need to be able to
commute for typical business hours.

Ping me an email if you're interested, I'm away until Monday 28th June,
so I'll catch up with anybody then.

Cheers,

Ken