[LRUG] Solr or Sphinx

Rob Watson rfwatson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 03:01:25 PST 2010

Hi Max
It's not possible to retrieve the indexed keywords in Sphinx directly, as I
understand it this is in conflict with the way indexing works.. you receive
back a list of IDs and other (non-string) attributes, you'd have to hit the
database with them if you wanted to retrieve the indexed fields.
See http://www.sphinxsearch.com/docs/current.html#indexing

I am also a (very relieved to be) former Ferret user