[LRUG] Who wants to be an April-meeting-aire?

Sean O'Halpin sean.ohalpin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 17:27:11 PDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Murray Steele <murray.steele at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> The April meeting will be on Wednesday 14th April.  (Note that this might be
> the last one on a Wednesday, if you have an opinion please
> vote: http://doodle.com/74qut4zmp5fsfth2)
> We'll need a couple of speakers, so this is the usual "Hey, who wants to
> talk" shout-out.

I've been putting some notes together on time similar in spirit (if
not in detail) to "What every computer programmer should know about
floating-point arithmetic"
(http://docs.sun.com/source/806-3568/ncg_goldberg.html) ranging from
localtime vs UTC, hardware clocks and NTP, how to do accurate timers
in Javascript, calendars, date arithmetic, comparisons and gotchas, to
Lampert/vector clocks (the new black in the 'eventually consistent'
world of nosql).

I could always throw in some gratuitous Dr Who references if that
helps (it usually does).

Regards,
Sean