[LRUG] Scrum backlog/user story management

Ronny Ager-Wick ronny at ager-wick.com
Mon Mar 22 18:13:08 PDT 2010

Thanks guys for your replies, that was very useful.
PivotalTracker looks very interesting. A bit concerned with their
licensing though (it's fee now, but they "may change their minds in the
future"). If they wanted to give it for free, why not release it under
an open source license?
Anyway, given you can export and there apparently is an API, I think the
risk starting to use it is a reasonable one.
I'm already used to the open collaboration with my clients, and have
given them access to the project management tools I've been using
before, but I feel they're getting a bit dated, given they're not
specifically scrum tools.

I'll check out the GPL one as well (Taskboard). As a grumpy old FLOSS
evangelist, that still appeals a lot to me. Actually, I'm not *that* old
and not that grumpy either :)

Gwyn, interesting! Looks really neat as well! What's the business model
going to be (if any)? Increasing price as number of projects grow, or
something new and exciting?

Ronny.