[LRUG] Rawnet is hiring Ruby devs

Paul Bowsher paul.bowsher at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 04:24:29 PST 2010

Hi all,

Sorry for the recruitment spam, a necessary evil.

We are Rawnet, a Web Design and Development agency using Ruby, Rails and as
much other hotness as is sensible :)

We are looking to hire a couple of new developers to join our team full time
in our expanding and exciting agency environment based in Windsor.

Our projects involve a mix of bespoke application development, website
builds and SaaS projects.

Our office is a 50/50 mix tech/creative with a great team atmosphere. We're
based in a gorgeous converted mansion (http://www.newlodge.co.uk/) with
Costa Coffee available in the cafè downstairs. A large TV and Xbox provide
entertainment at lunch and after work, and Aeron chairs provide the
comfort.

We employ a mixture of Agile and Waterfall methodologies to suit individual
clients and developers. We are realistic about using the right tools to get
the job done - if you're expecting 100% hotness and new tech, this isn't for
you. Our project managers quickly learn how you work best and will provide
all the support necessary to produce top quality products.

We are looking for self-motivated, driven developers with a passion for
creating highly usable and accessible web applications. You must have at
least 2 years experience working with Ruby on Rails and 4 years+ building
database driven, dynamic websites.

You will also need the following:

   - Experience with other OO languages other than Ruby
   - Advanced CSS and XHTML/HTML5 knowledge, Sass and Haml a bonus
   - A passion for writing DRY code
   - Excellent knowledge of Javascript and jQuery
   - An understanding of common design patterns
   - Experience working in a Unix environment (iMacs all round)
   - Comfortable with git/svn (don't worry, we use git!)
   - A desire to learn

TDD/BDD experience, in particular experience with Shoulda and Cucumber is a
bonus but not essential.

If you're interested please send your CV plus examples of projects you have
worked on to paul at rawnet.com.

Paul Bowsher