[LRUG] Who wants to be an April-meeting-aire?

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 03:41:42 PDT 2010

Hi all,

The April meeting will be on Wednesday 14th April.  (Note that this might be
the last one on a Wednesday, if you have an opinion please vote:
http://doodle.com/74qut4zmp5fsfth2)

We'll need a couple of speakers, so this is the usual "Hey, who wants to
talk" shout-out.

In terms of talkers I do have an offer from John Leach of Brightbox to come
and give his "UNIX: Rediscovering the wheel" talk that I can chase him up on
(no guarantee that he's available, obviously).  However as he's giving it at
SRC (http://scottishrubyconference.com/sessions#proposal_48)  I just want to
check how many people are going to that and were planning to see that talk?
 If there's a huge cross-over it might not be worth the repetition.

As usual do get in touch if you have a talk you'd like to give (even if it's
not for this meeting).  Also get in touch if you have an idea for some
non-talk kind of thing you'd like to try out, I'm sure we'll be able to do
it.  Finally, if there's something you want to hear about, please suggest
it; maybe someone in the group will offer to talk about it.

Cheers,

Muz