[LRUG] Wordtracker Job

steven shingler shingler at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 14:05:48 PDT 2010

Hi guys,

I've held off on posting jobs on here, to avoid list pollution - but there
have been a few recently which haven't been shot down in flames, so I
figured - what the heck :)

We at Wordtracker are looking (quite urgently) for a couple of Ruby/Rails
developers - one grad/1 yr experience at £30k, and one fairly experienced at
£55k.

We are based in Kentish Town and have a development team of 6. The company
has around 15 people in total. Glenn Gillen of rubypond.com is a member of
the development team and our sysadmin is Karanbir Singh -  one of the CentOS
core team.

We work in fortnightly iterations, our working day starts at 11am with stand
up. We've got two exciting projects just kicking off, which you'd be a key
part of. We work hard to keep technical debt to a minimum, and have a
rigorous approach to code cleanliness and quality.

The key skills we need are:
* Ruby
* Ruby on Rails
* Git
* jQuery

We also use Sinatra, Haml, Sass, shoulda and factory_girl.

If the position interests you, please email your C.V. to steven at
wordtracker.com together with answers to the following questions:

What Ruby/Rails projects/libraries have you contributed to? Please provide
links/details/source code.

Which parts of a Rails application stack would you focus most of your
testing effort on?

How do you feel about bundling gems into a project, versus using system
gems?

Thanks a lot,

Steven Shingler
Development team lead