[LRUG] Talented Ruby on Rails Software Engineer. - Media and Online

Rich Halliwell richard.halliwell at videojug.com
Tue Nov 9 10:34:47 PST 2010

Hello all

New to the lists so I'm hoping this is the right place to post this. I work for Videojug.com - one of the world's leading professional 'How-to' websites, with an audience of 5M uniques a month. We are based in Clerkenwell London and are currently recruiting for a new developer to work on our http://pages.videojug.com project (introduction video on homepage). I must admit I'm new to the chat groups - but I've heard from a number of people if we are looking for talented rubyists this is the right place to look.

The job spec can be found here: http://content5.videojug.com/corporate/jobspecs/ror.pdf

Please can I ask for no agencies or recruiters at this time.

A little information About the Role (repeated from the job spec) below:

Our new social publishing platform was launched at the beginning of September 2010. The server side elements of this project are exclusively built on RoR, with an extensive custom built JavaScript MVC page builder. The site was built in a BDD setup and rigorously tested at 4 levels: RSpec, Cucumber, Jasmine (client side JavaScript) and at the integration level, running on a dedicated CI cluster. We conform to a strict quality assurance routine, with isolated staging, QA and Production environments. We also make extensive use of AJAX/client side technologies and serviced based architecture where possible.

The Development Team is currently comprised of four developers with a mix of .NET and Ruby skills. The development team works directly alongside in house Design teams and has its own Product Manager. The Team touch all areas of the business, primarily focusing on the front end but developing and maintaining systems from video title generation and our internal compression cluster, right through to APIs, publishing platforms and the sizable final front facing web product

As areas of the business expand we are looking for an energetic, motivated and passionate developer to join us. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a dynamic, innovative team at a leading media/publishing company with technology at its core.

If you are interested please get in touch either directly or to jobs at videojug.com

Warm Regards

Rich Halliwell
(Lead Developer)

phone:    +44 (0) 207 250 4300
post:     Videojug | St John's House | 54 St John's Square | Clerkenwell | London | EC1V 4JL