[LRUG] Details for your cuketober meeting

James Adam james at lazyatom.com
Fri Oct 8 03:21:37 PDT 2010

Hello comrades,

On 28 September 2010 15:14, Murray Steele <murray.steele at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> As mentioned at the previous LRUG meeting the October meeting will be a
> Cucumber workshop run by Joseph Wilk.

There's been quite a bit of chatter today on The Twitter about the
Cucumber workshop, principally from cucumber doubters or skeptics (of
which I count myself as one).

> This meeting will be slightly different as Joseph wants it to be an
> interactive affair instead of just him going through a long cucumber
> presentation.  He wants people with cucumber experience, good or bad, to get
> in touch and help shape the meeting.

Murray mentioned above that Joseph wanted people to get in touch to
help shape the meeting - I was wondering what he thought about things
at the moment?

Personally, I'd love to talk about whether or not Cucumber buys you
anything over using code, and people's approach to testing in general,
but this kind of discussion can easily descending into loggerheaded
frustration and meaningless froth.

The last thing I'd want to do is leave the silent majority unhappy
because they were quite reasonably hoping for an evening of practical
tricks and techniques.

I think we might all benefit from a clearer idea of Joseph's goals and
intended structure, so we can all get a better idea about how best to
engage (or disengage) with the evening in a way that's
constructive...?

Cheers,

- James