[LRUG] Details for your cuketober meeting

Chris Lowis chris.lowis at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 04:48:06 PDT 2010

> Personally, I'd love to talk about whether or not Cucumber buys you
> anything over using code, and people's approach to testing in general,
> but this kind of discussion can easily descending into loggerheaded
> frustration and meaningless froth.
>
> The last thing I'd want to do is leave the silent majority unhappy
> because they were quite reasonably hoping for an evening of practical
> tricks and techniques.

I use Cucumber and feel pretty good about it most of the time. Having
said that, I'd love to see the alternatives other folks use,
especially as there appears to be a lot of very smart detractors - I'm
sure I could learn something, and as a proud rubyist I'd hate to miss
out getting in on the ground floor of the latest, short lived testing
trend!

Maybe we could avoid the loggerheaded frustration by having a few
quick talks at the end - "here's how I do integration testing and
(briefly) why"? We can save the inevitable fisticuffs for the pub.

Thoughts?

Chris