[LRUG] Details for your cuketober meeting

Rob Holland rob.holland at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 08:17:46 PDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Paul Battley <pbattley at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got 16,082 lines of Cucumber here that have convinced me that
> it's a terrible idea. And it's all my fault! It seemed like a good
> idea at the time. I could show you a thousand examples of why it's
> bad, but, as with intercessionary prayer, I suspect that the answer
> would merely be that I'm not cuking hard enough. I don't expect to
> convince anyone through argument - it's a level of abject pain you
> have to experience for yourself.

And we're back to the subjectiveness again.

The huge majority of my work is now done on projects using cucumber. I
love it, as do my clients. I have heard at least two unconnected
people who work on a large number of projects say that cucumber has
changed the way they work for the better to an incredible degree, and
I feel the same.

So please lets stop worrying about whether cucumber makes any sense.
It does because it has a large number of users who get a lot out of
it, me included.

Do I think everyone should use it? Well, I couldn't care less, I
certainly don't think anyone is wrong for not using/liking it. What is
grating is people telling me I'm wrong for using it or that it's a bad
idea. I'm not and it's not. It's just a question of taste.