[LRUG] Details for your cuketober meeting

Priit Tamboom priit at mx.ee
Thu Oct 14 02:06:19 PDT 2010

Hi!

Just for background, I didn't managed to come last meeting, however I
have used Cucumber with one project long time ago.

On 8 October 2010 16:06, Paul Battley <pbattley at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got 16,082 lines of Cucumber here that have convinced me that
> it's a terrible idea. And it's all my fault! It seemed like a good
> idea at the time. I could show you a thousand examples of why it's
> bad, but, as with intercessionary prayer, I suspect that the answer
> would merely be that I'm not cuking hard enough. I don't expect to
> convince anyone through argument - it's a level of abject pain you
> have to experience for yourself.

I agree and personally also not very big fan of cucumber's extra layer
especially when writing code for startup or very agile project with
small team.

However have you considered to use Steak with Capybara/Webrat instead
or got burned with it as well? At the moment imho Steak looks quite
reasonable middle ground where I still have a nice acceptance testing
suite with pure ruby syntax.

Priit