[LRUG] November meeting - speakers required!

Priit Tamboom priit at mx.ee
Tue Oct 26 04:32:24 PDT 2010

Morning everybody!

On 25 October 2010 20:33, James Adam <james at lazyatom.com> wrote:
> Nobody want to volunteer anything interesting they've been working on?
> Really? Do I need to start twisting arms?

I looked into my day-work directory; nope, nada, still usual
ruby/rails stuff at the moment ;-)

By the way, I'm looking forward for someone to do presentation about
deployment with Shef (with tips from experience etc), that would be
interesting/useful imho.

However, if there are not coming up more interesting topics, I can
reuse my "new person in London" card and do short presentation for one
of following topics (I use them daily myself, so this time no more
future Rails 3.1 talks as I did in September):

In random order:
* Using cijoe continues integration test suite (and comparison with
others such as Integrity)

* Monitoring processes with Monit and creating init scripts for apps
using rvm (not super expert yet though)

* Using git hooks for staging and production deployments (kind of
replacement for Capistrano for smaller projects, something like Heroku
deployment is)

* Why haml/sass do give sanity back over erb and it's not only about syntax.

Just give feedback which one is more interesting and I take time to
prepare for it.

Priit