[LRUG] Recurring Payments and subscriptions

Richard Livsey richard at livsey.org
Fri Sep 3 03:45:10 PDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 9:15 AM, Thomas R. Koll <tomk32 at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 03.09.2010 um 00:28 schrieb Neil Middleton:
>>
>> We could use something like Recurly, or Cheddargetter with a service such as Paypal, or we could and try and roll our own billing system that talks direct to somewhere like SecureTrading - both of which require vastly different levels of effort, and provide vastly different pros and cons.
>
> Another one in this class would be Spreedly
> https://spreedly.com/

I can recommend Spreedly, although I haven't used any of their
competitors so take that with a pinch of salt.
The guys there are on the ball and very responsive if you have any
questions/issues.

It's really easy to integrate with and I've written a Gem for it so
it's pretty easy to get up and running to try it out:
http://github.com/rlivsey/rspreedly

I've avoided rolling our own billing system as I don't see it as a
core competency, I'd rather spend the time building the app/business.
It costs a little extra, but as a trade-off against time I think it's
worth it and you can always roll your own solution later.

Hope that helps, cheers.

--
Richard Livsey
Minutebase - Online Meeting Minutes