[LRUG] What's your favourite Ruby conference?

Eleanor McHugh eleanor at games-with-brains.com
Fri Sep 24 17:27:25 PDT 2010

On 25 Sep 2010, at 00:23, Roland Swingler wrote:
> Ruby Manor worth a mention, which has run for the past two years (not
> sure if it is happening this year though) which is/was in London and
> normally has a very cheap price tag (around a tenner iirc). A whole
> range of talks driven by the community.

Ruby Manor is definitely worth checking out if it happens again this year. The noncommercial vibe makes it a great way to spend a day with other rubyists and the programme has something for everyone, from Ruby/Rails newbie right the way through to hardcore Ruby geek.

Another conference worth checking out if you don't mind a bit of travel is RuPy in Poland. I attended last year and had a brilliant time, the mix of Ruby, Python and Groovy developers making it a much more varied event than the big Ruby/Rails conferences.

This year I'm also looking at Conferencia Rails in Madrid as I've heard good things, and there's also Arrrrcamp in Ghent although that's probably sold out for this year.

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains
http://feyeleanor.tel