[LRUG] What's your favourite Ruby conference?

Roland Swingler roland.swingler at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 16:23:09 PDT 2010

As Anthony said, the Scottish Ruby Conference is solid, and will
probably be especially useful if you're still newish to ruby/rails.
I've been the last two years and had an enjoyable and informative
time, and I'm going again this year. Tickets sell out quick for this.

Ruby Manor worth a mention, which has run for the past two years (not
sure if it is happening this year though) which is/was in London and
normally has a very cheap price tag (around a tenner iirc). A whole
range of talks driven by the community.

Euruko is meant to be very good - several people have said it is the
best conference they've attended, although I've not made it there
myself yet - much more ruby focused, and again a cheap price tag
(around 30 euros I think). That tends to happen around Spring.

I really enjoyed QCon in London when I went, although that is a lot
broader than Ruby - there are a lot of interesting functional
programming/development practices/architecture type talks and
developers with all sorts of different backgrounds. It has a lot more
of a corporate background though, with a price tag to match (1,200 or
so), so you'd definitely want to get someone else to pay for it!

HTH