[LRUG] What's your favourite Ruby conference?

javier ramirez jramirez at aspgems.com
Sun Sep 26 10:55:21 PDT 2010

Hi,

> This year I'm also looking at Conferencia Rails in Madrid as I've heard good things, and there's also Arrrrcamp in Ghent although that's probably sold out for this year.

Thanks for bringing this up :)

It's the fifth year we are having Conferencia Rails, and the four
previous editions were pretty cool. With the inexpensive flights from
the UK to Madrid, and the popular prices of the event, I would recommend
attending our conference.

If you want to get a taste of the kind of contents we have been talking
about in the past, you can watch the archives in
http://conferenciarails.blip.tv. Most of those are in Spanish since it
used to be the official language of the conference, but now it's 100% in
English.

You are even on time for sending a talk/workshop proposal if you feel
like that. Call for papers closes by the end of the month, and we'll be
opening the register pretty soon.

You can keep up to date on http://conferenciarails.org

disclaimer: I've been one of the volunteers organizing Conferencia Rails
since 2006, so my opinion is to be taken with a pinch of salt... but
still this conference rocks ;)

--

javier ramírez

..i do ruby on rails development in madrid, spain, at
http://www.aspgems.com

javier ramirez's home page (http://javier-ramirez.com)
<http://javier-ramirez.com>
javier ramirez's blog (http://formatinternet.com)