[LRUG] The BBC is looking for Ruby Developers

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Fri Apr 22 00:42:30 PDT 2011

On 22/04/11 08:00, Anthony Green wrote:
> John Winters wrote:
>
>> I'm intrigued to know what an "XP advocate" is. Is it someone who wants
>> to stick to Windows XP rather than moving to a later version of Windows,
>> or does it stand for something else completely in this context?
>
> On the off chance you're not pulling my leg...
>
> http://www.extremeprogramming.org

Thank you.

No, I wasn't pulling your leg - it was a genuine request for
information.  I used to be a software developer for 20 years, then
dropped out to become a maths teacher.  I'm now dabbling with Ruby but I
hadn't come across XP with that meaning before.

There's lots of lovely stuff going on nowadays, formalising what have
always been good techniques, but once you give them a name it's much
easier to sell them.

Cheers,
John