[LRUG] REE vs Ruby 1.9.2

Stephen Nelson-Smith sanelson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 02:46:41 PDT 2011

Hi,

> I know Ruby 1.9.2 is better than 1.8.7 in many ways, but does it improve memory usage etc to a degree similar to REE?

Can't comment on memory, as I've not done any scientific comparisons,
but in general I'm really torn.  1.9 is better in tons of ways, and I
love that I get gems integrated, but REE is much more stable and seems
less prone to random breakage.  I'm still using both, reluctantly.
Would be interested to hear other people's experiences and opinions.

S.
--
Stephen Nelson-Smith
Technical Director