[LRUG] To debug the impossible bug

James Cumming james.cumming at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 3 05:18:46 PDT 2011

I've never seen case being used like this before - it does look neat/concise. Will definitely look at using it to simplify some code in future.

As you say, the instance variables seem to be getting corrupted/switched. Something similar to me has happened to me, but I just can't remember how we resolved it.

Can you tell a bit more about the app:

Where are your instance variables being defined?

Are all the the variables being defined each controller method or are you using a global method in the application_controller?
Do you ever get a "NameError: undefined local variable or method ... " error?

Maybe a gem like https://github.com/rails/exception_notification will be able to tell you more.

James Cumming, CFA
+44 7799 554468