[LRUG] New to Freelancing

Ian Leitch port001 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 10:04:55 PDT 2011

Hi everyone,

I've never taken on any freelance work before and I've also been
living abroad for the past 3 years so I'm a little out of touch with
the current market rates for Rails devs.

Is there plenty of work available or are things a little slow after
the recent economic dramas?

I guess my skill set is pretty good; I've 5 years Ruby/Rails
experience and feel comfortable working anywhere in the stack from
front-end, app level to db administration and server provisioning.

What's considered a fair rate for app development work in London?

Cheers,
Ian