[LRUG] Your Code is My Hell

Anthony Green anthony.green at bbc.co.uk
Fri Aug 26 00:25:45 PDT 2011

http://avdi.org/devblog/2011/08/22/your-code-is-my-hell/

Two of the first LRUG talks I went to (and that I can still remember)
were Ben Griffith's on Testing and James Mead's 'An Introduction to Mock
Objects in Ruby'.

These days *I* don't see as much discipline as I did back then. I see a
growing body of what Mat Wynne describes as 'Mortgage Driven Development'.
A couple of years ago I postulated that Ruby's biggest challenge was
going to be growing the community whilst retaining it's culture.
I don't think we're doing a very good job of it.

- Tony