[LRUG] e-petitions site

Jolyon Pawlyn jolyon.pawlyn at unboxedconsulting.com
Fri Aug 5 10:14:57 PDT 2011

Interesting points, thanks. We were really struggling yesterday, despite
using a load balancer and caching and having load tested with jmeter.
New relic and Airbrake helped enormously but unfortunately we weren't in
a position to spin up more VMs and the SMTP server struggled. All in all
not a great day but slightly unlucky to be in an especially silly part
of silly season. Good news is that despite heavy traffic today, it's
performed well. Would be more than happy to discuss the experience and
what we've learned at LRUG if people are interested. Cheers,

Jolyon