[LRUG] Stanford Machine Learning Course

Chris Lowis chris.lowis at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 04:40:52 PDT 2011

> I was thinking a mailing list and IRC channel,

Sounds like a plan. Perhaps we could use #lrug on freenote for the
latter, and prepend mailing list messages with [ml-class] for the
former? Then people who hadn't "signed up" could dip in and out as
they saw fit.

> plus a bi-weekly or
> monthly meetup in a pub or some accomodating company's office,
> essentially...

Do we know the schedule for the course yet? CS229 (on which this is
based, as far as I know) ran twice a week at Stanford last Autumn
(Monday and Wednesday). I don't know yet if the lectures will be
"live" on that schedule or available to watch on demand.

Cheers,

Chris