[LRUG] Your Code is My Hell

Anthony Green Anthony.Green at bbc.co.uk
Fri Aug 26 04:53:18 PDT 2011

On 26/08/2011 10:44, "Daniel Barlow" <dan at telent.net> wrote:

> If I might be permitted to snark for a minute ...  I started doing
> Ruby properly about 18 months ago but my observation from that time is
> that one would be mistaken either to consider the Ruby culture as
> homogenous, or to conflate it with "test first" culture,

I've hear someone's (can't track down who) recollections that at the first
two Ruby conferences there was a lot of talk about it's suitability for
writing test frameworks.
TestUnit has been part of the Standard Library for a while now.
Ryan Davis wrote Heckle back in 2006
In 2007,  PragProg published Brian Marick's "Everyday Scripting with Ruby:
for Teams, Testers, and You"
These are some of my memories, yours may differ.

--
Anthony Green
Apprentice Developer : BBC Future Media

http://www.bbc.co.uk/