[LRUG] Chef or Puppet

Graham Ashton graham at effectif.com
Tue Aug 2 06:39:55 PDT 2011

On 2 Aug 2011, at 14:32, Riccardo Tacconi wrote:

> I remember I attended the Chef and Puppet talk last year (or may be it was 2009).

By John Arundel? He's got a Puppet book on the go (but it doesn't look like it's out yet).

http://bitfieldconsulting.com/puppet-cookbook

> I have been using Chef from yesterday but I find it complex and although the site has many documents, I find myself lost.

John's mate Stephen wrote a Chef book.

http://oreilly.com/catalog/0636920020042

> I saw that Puppet have a new book written by on the the Lruggers, so I could buy that book and start from one point and move forward.

Another one, or one of the above?

I'd offer an opinion on which to choose, but I'm underqualified in the Chef department. I've had plenty of experience of Puppet and it's "not to my tastes".